Sunday 15 February 2015

Review || Real Techniques Brushes

Hello! Today I have a little review on Real Techniques makeup brushes and what I think each brush is best for!

The Core Collection
The core collection is a set costing £21.99, that contains four brushes; the Buffing brush, the Contour Brush, the Pointed Foundation brush and the Detailer brush.
The Buffing brush is probably the most used in my collection, it buffs in foundation or concealer really, really well and I can't imagine finding a brush I like better for my base than this one any time soon!
The Contour brush, can obviously be used for contour, but I like it for powder, if I want to be precise, the size of this brush allows me to be more precise while applying powder! I've heard that a lot of people like it for concealer as well!
Now I have to be honest, I never use this Pointed Foundation brush. As I said my favourite brush for bases is the buffing brush, I never have liked the classic foundation brushes for applying makeup as it's just like painting a layer on top of your face rather than being able to blend it in well, but everyone is individual  and some people may love this brush, it's just not my cup of tea.
The Detailer brush is perfect for applying concealer very precisely, and I also like to use it for inner corner highlights or just eyeshadow in general!

Finishing Brushes
I have two, the Blush brush and the Stippling brush. A Stippling brush costs £11.99 and a blush brush costs £9.99. For some odd reason I forgot to take photos of the stippling brush for this post - sorry! I find the stippling brush is great for bases, before I bought the Core Collection I used to use it all the time! It's also great for products such as cream blushes and other cream products!
The blush brush is not the greatest for blush application, it's so big! I'd recommend it if you're wanting to go for a bronzed look to apply some bronzer around the perimeter of your face!

Eye Brushes
The two eye brushes I have are the Fine Liner brush and the Shading brush. The Fine Liner brush is £6.99 and the Shading brush is £7.99.
The Fine Liner brush is quite self explanatory really, it's good to use for gel eyeliner. I don't use it much because I prefer using liquid eyeliner as its so quick but when I have used it, it's been good.
I recently bought the Shading brush, it's fantastic for blending eyeshadows, it fits perfectly in the crease of the eye. A dream to use.

Duo Fiber Collection
The Duo Fiber collection is a set of three brushes, costing £23.99. It comes in black and white and they're extremely soft!
The Eye brush is quite big, but good for blending out the edges of an eyeshadow look and making sure they're not too harsh!
The Contour brush is very similar in size and shape to the contour brush in the Core Collection, it's good for contouring, I like it with highlighter as it applies product more sheerly therefore you don't look like there's been an explosion at the highlighter factory!
The Face brush is good for bronzer again, the same as the blush brush, it's great for the golden look! It's also good for sheer powdering!

I hope you found this helpful if you were thinking about starting or adding to your Real Techniques collection! 

What's your favourite makeup brush?

Lots of love,
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment