Sunday 7 September 2014

My Piece of Summer - Emma. W

Hello,
Seems like forever since I've wrote a entry on this page. The last thing I wrote was a Summer Playlist which I publish to start the summer and now in England our summer is well and truly over. Emma came up with the idea of writing about what we did during our summer holidays and when she first came up with this idea I said but I haven't done anything because the majority of my summer was sat listening to music and looking after my younger sister but once I thought about it I realised I have done quite a lot.

On the first day of summer I celebrated one of my friends birthday with a BBQ we had such a lovely day and the weather held off long enough for us to eat the food outside and go on the trampoline (we're really grown up). When it started to rain (typical English weather) we went inside and watched a few films, played hide and seek (once again very grown up) and ended up almost wetting ourselves with laughter.

Later on that week I went shopping with another one of my friends and we had a lovely day wondering around town, talking and of course we brought a lot of stuff. As I went shopping so long ago I can't really remember what I brought but it was most likely some makeup and a few tops from either Topshop or Newlook.

During the second week I went cinema to watch the Purge Anarchy. Anyone who knows me knows I am terrible when it comes to watching scary films and I had never made it through a whole scary film but I finally did. The film was amazing and I think because I'd over thought how scary it would be I didn't find the actual plot to scary if anything it was jumpy at times when the guy in the white mask appeared and the random gun fires. I thought the film had a good story line and kept you watching, although the ending wasn't what I expected.

During the fifth week of the holiday I actually went on holiday to the Lake District and oh my how I fell in love with the place. It was so perfect and I actual took a few photos, which if I find will be found below.

 The Bandstand which was in the middle of the cutest
little garden.
 Not only was the garden beautiful itself but it was
right next to the sea.

 The boat rides we took on quite a few occasions.

 The car ferry we took across the river.
 Had a few marshmallows from a old sweet shop.
 Before we got onto the ferry on the last day.
 Trying to be tumblr with my photo choices
(it didn't go too well).
 Mint chocolate chip ice cream whilst waiting for
the boat to return.
The little beach area next to the river.

I had such a lovely week taking boat rides pretty much everyday and every night we'd go on a walk over to the arcade and around the golf course and one night we managed to end up in a sheep field. It was such a relaxing holiday and I so badly wish I was there now. The only downside to the trip is there was no 3G or WIFI but in a way that was so good because I wasn't constantly sat on my phone it made me play more attention to the surroundings instead of a screen.
Finally in the last week I went and watched Guardians of the Galaxy with once of my friends and it was so good. For some reason I had never seen a Marvel film until then and I seriously regret my life choices. After watching that film I know I am going to be sat at home spending my Friday and Saturday nights watching other Marvel films.
This blog post has probably been my favourite to write. I think this was such a lovely idea of Emma's and it will mean in the future I will be able to look back on my last school summer holiday ever. I can't believe how fast it went and that I am now into my final year at school!
Lots of Love,
Emma x
Instagram: @emma.ox
Twitter: @emmmaaox
PS: Leave requests below and me and the other girls will hopefully get round to writing them for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment