Sunday 7 September 2014

Chocolate Finger Cake!

Hello!
Yesterday I did some baking and I asked if you wanted a blogpost on the cake I made and you said yes! I couldn't think of a good name for this though, so you'll have to put up with 'Chocolate Finger Cake' which sounds tempting enough! I would also like to say, as with my other baking post, I took the photos using my iPhone rather than using my cameras, so the quality isn't the best, sorry!

You'll need to preheat your oven to around 180 degrees.

The ingredients you'll need for the cake itself are butter, sugar, self raising flour and eggs. You'll need a bowl for the mixture and some scales to weigh ingredients out with. As you can see I was (rather fittingly) watching an episode of The Great British Bake Off on my iPad whilst baking!

Weigh out 200g of butter and 200g of sugar in a bowl and cream them together.

Next, you need to weigh out 200g of self raising flour and add it to the mixture, then add 2 eggs and stir until the mix is all smooth and all the flour and egg is mixed in well.

At this point, Freddy and Florence had realised that I was making some kind of food and were trying to look cute so I would give them a bit. Their plan failed.

Now you need to grease two cake tins (or one large one) and put half the mixture in one and the other half in the other. They are now ready to go into the oven.

Bake the cakes until they are golden brown and cooked all the way through, I can't remember how long it took for mine to bake, it was probably about 25 minutes.


Next is the exciting bit - decorating! I used chocolate fudge icing that I found in Aldi and put it inside the cake, on the top and around the edges, it doesn't have to be neat at this point!

You'll need 2 boxes of chocolate fingers for this bit! You need to place them around the edge of the cake.
You can choose whatever fruits you like, and how ever many you want to put on a cake, I chose strawberries and raspberries. I chopped the strawberries in half and the put all the strawberries and raspberries on the top of the cake, there's no real method to this, you can just place them randomly!

This is the finished cake! I think it looks really impressive and would be great for birthdays or just for when you feel like baking a fancy looking cake!

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost and found it helpful! If you do try it out, feel free to tag me in a photo!

You can follow this blog on bloglovin, there's a button near the top of the page and if I'm right we are nearly at 50 bloglovin followers!

I'll see you with another blogpost soon!
Lots of love,
Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment